TEXARKANA – Nine business students from Texas High earned top honors at a regional leadership conference in Rockwall on Jan. 18.
Nine student members of the Texas High School Business Professionals of America Chapter placed with top awards in the Area 3 Region 1 Leadership Conference last Saturday. Furthermore, all were named as state qualifiers for the State Leadership Conference that will be held in Dallas on March 4-7.
- Tarren Engle (database applications), first place
- Kenichi Pass (computer modeling), first place
- Emilee Herrington (computer modeling), second place
- Parker Johnson (fundamental accounting), second place
- Chloe Sawyer (ICD-10-CM diagnostic coding), second place
- Amethyst Spade (visual basic/C# programming), third place
- Hayli Hamilton (fundamental accounting), fourth place
- Oren Smith (medical office procedures), fourth place
- Lillian Davis (integrated office applications), fifth place
Davis, Engle, Sawyer, and Smith were considered double state qualifiers as they earned second place as membesr of the administrative support team.
According to a release from Texas High, the aim of the BPA is, “to contribute to the preparation of a world-class workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic and technological skills.”
The student advisors at Texas High are Mark Ahrens, Melinda Asher, and Deborah Mills.