The Texas Rangers announced their 2019 opening day roster on Thursday.
PITCHERS (13): Kyle Bird, Jesse Chavez, Kyle Dowdy, Jeanmar Gomez, Shawn Kelley, Jose Leclerc, Lance Lynn, Chris Martin, Shelby Miller, Mike Minor, Drew Smiley, Jeffrey Springs, Edinson Volquez.
CATCHERS (2): Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Jeff Mathis.
INFIELDERS (5): Elvis Andrus, Asdubal Cabrera, Logan Forsythe, Ronald Guzman, Rougned Odor.
OUTFIELDERS (5): Shin-Soo Choo, Delino DeShields, Joey Gallo, Nomar Mazara, Hunter Pence.
10-DAY DL (1): RHP Luke Farrell.
60-DAY DL (2): OF Scott Heineman, LHP Yohander Mendez.
To get to the opening day limit of 25 players, the Rangers:
- Selected the contracts of RHP Jeanmar Gomez, INF Logan Forsythe, and OF Hunter Pence from Triple-A Nashville.
- Designated RHP Connor Sadzeck for assignment.
- Optioned OF Zack Granite to Triple-A Nashville.
- Assigned RHP Adrian Sampson to Triple-A Nashville.
- Placed LHP Yohander Mendez (right UCL sprain) on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to March 25.
- Placed RHP Luke Farrell (non-displaced jaw fracture) on the 60-day injured list.
The Rangers commence the 2019 season against the Chicago Cubs with a 3:05 p.m. first pitch from Globe Life Park in Arlington.