TEXARKANA — The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department is giving Arkansas High and Texas High fans suggestions ahead of the annual rivalry game Friday night at Razorback Stadium.
TAPD advises Arkansas High fans enter the stadium going east on E. 18th from Jefferson Avenue and turn into the designated home parking area.
Arkansas High season ticket holders are advised to enter south on Franklin Street from East 24th Street and straight into the VIP Parking Area.
Texas High fans are advised to take Arkansas Boulevard east to Highway U.S.-67/East Broad Street south to East 18th Street, and turn west onto East 18th street and then left into the visitor parking area. Another route is to go north on Broad Street from U.S.-82/East 9th Street and then west on East 18th street.
TAPD says there will be no thru traffic on East 18th street from 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
EXITING THE STADIUM
Home fans are advised to leave west on East 18th Street to Jefferson Avenue.
Arkansas High season ticket holders and drop of and pick up students are advised to leave northbound on Franklin Street from the stadium to East 24th Street.
Texas High fans are advised to leave east out of the parking lot to U.S.-67 north or south.
TAPD says anyone parking on the east side of Franklin Street near a “no parking” sign between East 24th and East 18th will be towed and/or ticketed for illegal parking.
DROP OFFS AND PICK UPS
- The Texarkana Arkansas PD also has suggestions on parents dropping off and/or picking up students.
- Arrive early to avoid traffic congestion. Parking attendants will be in place inside the stadium parking area. If parking in a residential area, do not block private driveways.
- All persons entering the stadium are subject to being searched by metal detectors, as are bags. Do not bring large purses or bags so as to avoid delaying the screening process.
- No concealed weapons on school property.
- No alcohol or drugs on school property.
- Police will be patrolling inside the stadium and nearby neighborhoods.
The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department hopes the annual rivalry game for 2019 is memorable and fun.