TEXARKANA — Local law enforcement in the Texarkana, Arkansas, and Miller County, Arkansas, area have announced a Drug Take Bay Day for Saturday, Oct. 24.
The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department, Miller County Sheriff’s Office, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Miller County Prosecutor’s Office will give the public a chance to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription pills.
Local law enforcement is asking residents to bring their pills to three drop off box locations from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Bi-State Justice building (100 North State Line Avenue), Miller County Sherriff Office (2300 East Street), Texarkana Emergency Center (4646 Cowhorn Creek). The Bi-State Narcotics Taskforce will be at the Texarkana Emergency Center for in person drop offs, and to answer questions from the public.
Items Accepted for the Program;
- Liquid medications (in leak-proof containers)
- Medicated ointment, lotions, or drops
- Pills in any packaging (glass bottles, plastic containers, plastic bags, etc.)
- Over-the-counter medications Liquid medications (in leak-proof containers)
- Pet medications
Items Not Accepted in the Program;
- Blood sugar equipment
- Illegal drugs & narcotics (although police will accept these items if placed in the container)
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Personal care products (shampoo, lotions, etc)