Texas residents who suffered through February’s winter storms have two more weeks remaining to register for disaster assistance with FEMA and apply for a U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loan.
The deadline is May 20, 20201, and the fastest way to apply is by visiting www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585). The toll-free phone lines operate from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT, daily. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel should provide FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.
When applying, applicants should have the following information available:
▪ A current phone number where you can be contacted
▪ Your address at the time of the disaster and the address where you are now staying
▪ Your Social Security number, if available
▪ A general list of damage and losses
▪ If insured, the insurance policy number, or the agent and company name
Counties in northeast Texas that are eligible for federal disaster relief include Bowie, Panola, Sabine, and Upshar.