TEXARKANA — Bridge replacement is still underway as the Texas Department of Transportation continues to work on the spans over the Sulphur River at the Bowie-Cass County line on State Highway 8.
For Bowie County, this is one of three TXDOT projects in the county. The other two projects are the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 30 from FM-989 (Summerhill Road) to State Line Avenue, and the replacement of a bridge over Anderson Creek on State Highway 98.
On I-30, daytime work is ongoing in the median, and drivers should watch for trucks and equipment pulling onto I-30.
At Anderson Creek on SH-98, traffic is restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through work zone.
Along with bridge replacement over the Sulphur River, in Cass County, on U.S.-59, from 1.5 miles south of State Highway 155 to the Marion County line includes the installation of a safety barrier cable with daily lane closures. There is also the widening of a bridge at Jennings Slough on U.S.-67 with signal lights controlling one-way traffic.
Here is a list of other roadwork throughout the TXDOT-Atlanta district:
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing highway. County Road 2120 detoured
- I-20 – At US 59 overpass, replacing bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing new bridge over interstate. Lansing Switch Road closed to through traffic. Possible lane closures on I-20
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening bridge over railroad. Northbound lanes closed with signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- US 59 – From SH 49 to two miles north of SH 49, repairing and resurfacing highway. Various lane closures
- US 59 – From Cass County line to 2 miles north of SH 49, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 49 – From Titus County line to FM 144, repairing and resurfacing highway. One-lane, two-way traffic
- US 59 (Loop) – From Business 59 North of Carthage to US 79 East, rehabilitating highway. Traffic shifted to outside lanes on US 59 & BU 59. Loop EB exit ramp closed, WB entrance ramp open
- US 79 — From SH 149 to Rusk County line, rehabilitating highway
- SH 149 – From US 79 to .8 miles south of SH 315. Various lane closures on Loop 149 during final phase
- SH 49 – From FM 1735 to Morris County line, repairing and resurfacing highway. One-lane, two-way traffic
- SH 49 – From Business 271 to Mount Pleasant city limits, repairing and resurfacing highway. One-lane, two-way traffic
- CR 4550 – At Hart’s Creek, replacing bridge. CR 4550 closed to traffic
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief. Replacing bridges