TEXARKANA — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) says they are installing a safety barrier cable from the Arkansas State line to 1.5 miles north of Interstate 30. The work will include daily lane closures.
In the rest of the Texarkana area, there is a reconstruction and widening of the highway on I-30. There will be daytime work in the median, and motorists should watch for trucks and equipment pulling onto the interstate.
There is also ramp rehabilitation on I-30 at the 207 exit/Spur 594. The I-30 westbound lanes in the area will be restricted to one lane, and the ramp will be closed.
At U.S.-259 eastbound also in the Texarkana area, I-30 eastbound lanes will be restricted to one lane as pavement repairs are underway.
Throughout the rest of Bowie County, the bridge over Anderson Creek on State Highway 98 continues to be replaced. Traffic restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through work zone.
At the Sulphur River at the Bowie-Cass County line on State Highway 8, the bridges are still being replaced.
For Cass County, the only other TXDOT project is the widening of a bridge at Jennings Slough on U.S.-67 with signal lights controlling one-way traffic.
Here is a list of other roadwork throughout the TXDOT-Atlanta district:
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing highway. County Road 2120 detoured
- SH 8 – At Sulphur River, replacing bridges
- US 67 – Widening bridge at Jennings Slough. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- I-20 – At US 59 overpass, replacing bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- I-20 – Concrete pavement repair. Various daytime lane closures, expect delays
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing new bridge over interstate. Lansing Switch Road closed to through traffic. Possible lane closures on I-20
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening bridge over railroad. Northbound lanes closed with signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- US 80 – From Loop 390 to Interstate 20, resurfacing highway. Daytime lane closures, expect delays
- US 59 – From SH 49 to two miles north of SH 49, repairing and resurfacing highway. Lane closures, expect delays
- SH 49 – From Titus County line to FM 144, repairing and resurfacing highway. Possible lane closures
- US 59 (Loop) – From Business 59 North of Carthage to US 79 East, rehabilitating highway. Traffic detoured to ramps on eastbound/westbound Loop 59/79. Business 59 open to traffic
- US 79 — From SH 149 to Rusk County line, rehabilitating highway
- SH 49 – From FM 1735 to Morris County line, repairing and resurfacing highway. Possible lane closures
- SH 49 – From Business 271 to Mount Pleasant city limits, repairing and resurfacing highway. One-lane, two-way traffic
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief. Replacing bridges
- US 271 – From 5.9 miles north of SH 155 to 1.5 miles north of SH 155, resurfacing highway. Traffic shifted to southbound lanes