ATLANTA, Texas — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) released plans to install new safety lighting at 11 area highways.
The plans were awarded in January by the transportation department.
“The nighttime lighting systems to be installed are safety enhancements that will provide LED lighting to increase visibility and awareness of the intersection,” TXDOT Atlanta District Director of Transportation Operations Christina Trowler said.
WG Engineering & Construction, LLC of Allen, TX was awarded the contract with a bid of $1,397,827.97.
According to Trowler, the work, “is expected to begin this spring and take about 11 months to complete, weather permitting.”
Here is a list of the 11 area highway intersections that will see the improvements:
- In Bowie County: US 67 at SH 8
- In Bowie County: US 67 at FM 3098
- In Bowie County: US 67 at FM 2148 South
- In Bowie County: US 259 at FM 44
- In Bowie County: I-30 at FM 560
- In Bowie County: I-30 at Spur 86
- In Cass County: SH 77 at SH 43
- In Cass County: FM 1399 at FM 995
- In Cass County: SH 43 at FM 125
- In Cass County: FM 251 at FM 3129
- In Cass County: FM 2791 at FM 96